Rice - 150gms
Onion - 1 no. (medium)
Carrots - 2no.
Beans - a bunch
Cabbage - 50gms
Ginger - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Garlic - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Green Chilli - 1 small (finely chopped)
Spring Onions - 1 bunch
Chicken - 50 gms (shredded)
Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
Chilli Sauce - 1/2tsp
Cooking Spray - as and when required.
- Cook the chicken in a pot with some salt and pepper until soft and save the stock, now shred the chicken.
- Cook rice in the chicken stock saved earlier.. let it cool on a plate
- Slice the vegetables to your desired shapes and sizes, I sliced everything for easy cooking because I dont use oil.
- Ginger,garlic and green chillies to be chopped very fine.
- In a vessel , use some cooking spray and add ginger, garlic and green chillies one by one, saute until it slightly changes color ..
- Now add sliced onion and saute until it gets golden brown , add the shredded chicken and then start adding vegetables, throw some salt , soy sauce and chilli paste.. U might want to check the spice and salt level at every stage. Saute until its cooked, but still slightly crunchy.
- Add the cooked rice and mix them slowly , careful not to break them..
- Sprinkle chopped onion stalks.. check for salt n spice and add according to ur taste.
- Serve hot.
Tips & Tricks
1) Be careful when u add salt.. soy sauce has salt too..
2) Cooking the rice with the chicken stock gives the dish a whole new flavor .
3) U may use oil if u please :)