I so tried to make a healthy Puran Poli.. but guess what, they are few dishes which you cannot make without sinning.. Day 1 - I tried only to use channa dhal and jaggery as filling.. Though , its didn't taste so bad.. I would prefer my poli with few standards.. Day 2 - I added some fried coconut and nuts.. and then it tasted like a real poli.. I could not bring my hands to use oil or ghee for frying :) So I used my regular cooking spray..
Channa dhal - 250 gms
Maida /All purpose flour - 2 cups
Almonds - 1 tbsp sliced
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Jaggery - 250gms
- Mix All purpose flour and water to make a soft dough.. Rest it for some time..
- Boil Jaggery with water and filter the solution if needed..
- Pressure cook Channa Dhal and add the Jaggery solution to make it to a thick paste altogether.. If this solution is much liquid, let it simmer on the stove for couple of minutes and bring it to a consistency where u can ball the mixture.. finally add sliced almonds and raisins to it..
- Now roll the maida flat and stuff it with a little sweet mixture , cover it around with the sides fully.. Now roll the balls flat without applying much pressure.. You don't want the filling to come off..
- Heat Tava , moisten the dish with cooking spray..
- Cook them on medium heat for couple of minutes.. turning once.
Tips & Tricks
1] One can use ghee for cooking.. It will enhance and bring out so much flavors.
Sending it to the following events..