Its been holidays.. sweets.. parties.. and get togethers for us.. We were invited to our dear friends house for thanksgiving.. and they had prepared a beautiful dinner.. Biriyani, Prawns, Tandoori Chicken.. Carrot Milk Shake... Pumpkin Pie and Gulab Jamun.. ohh.. We were so full of food.. :)
The next day, we did a one day trip with friends.. and it was super fun.. I guess , it is always nice to go on road trip with friends.. :) we drove.. drove.. drove.. took pictures in all the scenic spots.. ate all the snacks that was loaded in the car.. had a breakfast menu for lunch.. :) and slept all the way back.. :) The day could not have been any better.. :)
And the rest of the weekend went in resting and shopping.. and I have to mention this.. I bought a beautiful hand bag.. ohh.. I was so happy when I found it and I am waiting for an occasion to wear the bag now.. :) Tell me about your weekend guys.. would love to hear them.. :)
Now, That I am running short of time.. I have to start writing for blog hop.. :)
This week , I am paired with Nupur from Uk-Rasoi.. She is a very Dear Friend and has an amazing blog with super easy recipes.. with step by step pictures and very clearly explained preparation methods.. It is just easy even for a beginner to follow.. Claps for u girl.. for that :)
So, I chose Garlic Pull-Apart Bread for this weeks hop.. I have been wanting to try this for a very long time now.. and today, when I was hopping thro' Nupur's space.. My eyes were struck onto this recipe , so had to try it out immediately..
Guess what.. Now this will be a definite addition to my future parties.. It is so presentable and easy to make.. and the good part is , you can finish it way before the party begins.. just a bit of heating would work.. This recipe is definitely a "KEEPER" :) and I am going to introduce this recipe to my friends in my next kitty party.. :)
All Purpose Flour - 3 cups
Active Dry Yeast - 1/3 tbsp
Salt - as required
Sugar - 1tbsp
Warm Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - for kneading
Oil - 5 tbsp
Garlic - 6-8 pods [grated]
Green Chilli - 1 no. [grated]
Cilantro - 3 tbsp [finely chopped]
Butter - 1/3 rd stick [6tbsp] - softened
- Mix Active dry yeast, sugar and milk in a mixing bowl until the yeast dissolves and let it sit in a warm place for about 10 mins. [The yeast would have raised up nice and frothy]
- In another mixing bowl , take the All Purpose flour, salt.. now mix the yeast solution into this and start kneading.. Add water as required until it forms a soft dough.
- Pour 3 tbsp of oil onto the dough and knead for couple of more minutes.. now finally again apply some oil to the dough and allow it to prove for about 45 minutes. [the dough doubles in size after proving]
- Meanwhile.. get the spread ready - mix all the ingredients in a bowl..
- Now, when the dough is all ready and doubled up in size.. Knead for 2 more mins.
- Divide the dough in two equal portions.. and roll out the dough on a flat surface.. [use flour for dusting, if needed.]
- Now take 2 tbsp of the Spread and apply it evenly on the dough.. and start rolling it with two hand from one side evenly.. cut it into 5-6 pieces and place it on a baking tray [use spray before]
- Repeat the same procedure for the another part of the dough and set it aside for 15 mins..
- Now brush the top with milk/egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on it..
- Heat the oven for 350 F and slide the baking dish inside for about 20 - 25 mins.. Keep an eye on it after 15 mins.. [Cooking time differs with every oven]
- Enjoy with Hot Coffee.. :)
These rolls are rolling its way to..