Pazham pori is a very common dish in kerala... accompanied well with hot chai.
Yellow Plaintain - 1 no.
Maida - 1/2 cup
Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - a pinch
Turmeric Powder - for colour
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Oil - for frying
- Mix maida ,rice flour,turmeric powder,cardamom powder and sugar with some water , like a idli batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium flame .
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the bananas into two halves and then slice them length wise , from a piece you could make 4 slices..
- Coat these banana slices in the batter and fry them ..
- Serve as a snack with evening tea :)
Tips & Tricks
The batter should be in between consistency of dosa and idli batter, do not make the batter very thick,, or very thin like dosa batter..