Green Gram Dhal - 1 cup
Rice - 3/4 cup
Ginger - 1 inch
Green Chillies - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 no.
Green Chillies - 1 no.
Ginger - little
- Soak green gram dhal and rice in a vessel for 6 hours.
- Grind them along with ginger, chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste, like dosa batter.
- Set aside the batter,, now chop onions , ginger and green chillies finely.
- Heat the dosa skillet on the stove and once hot, take a nice sizeable laddle to spread the dosa mixture on the skillet , now sprinkle some onions , ginger and green chillies ..tab it gently with the laddle, so it gets stuck with the dosa .
- Use little oil on the sides of the dosa and go over the center too..
- Now cook the other side also ,, when your sure both the sides are nicely cooked ,transfer it to a plate.
- Serve with chutney..
Tips & Tricks
1) Firstly this dosa goes so well with capsicum chutney ( which is there under my 'chutney's label), even onion chutney goes well..
2) If you want the dosa's to be very crispy,, you can use equal proportions of green gram dhal and rice.