For this week, I am paired with Santosh Bangar... She is such an inspiring person owning a equally inspiring blog.. She has a nice collection of recipes.. She has also been featured in other websites and recently was interviewed by Tanya Munshi.. Do enjoy her wonderful interview by clicking here . and Dont forget to visit her space.. You would absolutely love it..
Santosh had a huge collection of recipes but Me with little time in hands.. I had to pick something very quick to fix and yet snacky for my evening tea.. :) Guess what I found.. Peanut Pakodas.. I use to make this all the time before but for some lazy reason never posted it in my blog.. :) Well then, this would be a perfect time to snack on them.. or do we seriously need a special time to snack..? won't u agree..?? :)
I had store bought, Dry Roasted Peanuts in my Pantry.. Good for me.. :)) Now, this recipe is such a simple one and only takes less than 10 mins to actually make them.. And the best part no oil is used , cooks in microwave in minutes.. Now, The moral of this post "Always stock Peanuts at home" :)
Roasted Peanuts - 2 cup
Besan - 4 tbsp
Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as required
- Throw all the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Mix call all the dry ingredients then use little water[drops of water] to make the dry ingredients stick to the peanuts..
- Spread this in single layer in a microwave safe dish and let it cook for a 2 mins [do not cover the microwave dish]
- Then, use cooking spray on the top side.. turn and cook the other side for 2 mins..
- Use the spray again and turn and cook for 1 minute..
- At this point , It will be crispy and cooked.. now just break or separate the peanuts from each other.. and microwave it for a minute or so..
- Serve it with Chai :)
1] Allow the peanuts to get crispy.. It might take a minute more or less depending on your microwave.
2] Use oil instead of water if desired.. it will be just like deep fried.. :)
These pakodas are hopping its way to