Thursday, December 22, 2011

BONJOUR SERIES # 13 - SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN & VEG

Hey Guys, Today We have Farwin for our guest post. She is a Dear Friend of mine.. We got to know each other through facebook.. It is amazing , how face book is helping all us these days to discover new friends or even to stay in touch with our long lost friends.. :) We talked a lot , even with our very first chat.. She was too sweet to keep talking.. :) Very Nice knowing u Dear ! She has a wonderful blog.. Do visit her space to enjoy her culinary skills.. Now, I present you Farwin - in her own words..


Farwin's Guest Post 
Hey there lovely foodies,

I'm Farwin from Love & other Spices,a Srilankan currently residing in Dubai.A former web developer,now I'm a full time mom for super active three year old twin boys.

This blog has become my passion and my favorite past-time.Initially it started out as a hobby when I had some free time to while away when my kids commenced nursery,about 6 months back.A creative outlet to vent my frustrations and boredom,inspired by all the lovely blogs and food photographs out there,it's in full bloom and now occupies myself more than I thought it would.

And this has introduced me to some lovely people in blogging world,one such friend is Jabeen herself.I was glad to find that she is a Tamilian and had a wonderful chat with her in Tamil.And thanks Jabeen,for your wonderful tips and for giving me this opportunity.


Now,to my signature dish,Sweet & Sour Chicken & Veg.This recipe caught my eye as soon as I saw it in BBC Good Food Magazine and I tweaked it to suit our taste buds.It's such an easy dish(simple & easy,my forte) and is a regular in our mealtimes.And every time I make this,my kids would savor the veggies(the capsicums and baby corn) that they normally wouldn't touch.It's a great addition to rice,and will tantalize your taste buds with every bite,I'm sure.Give it a try and let me know how good it is.


Sweet & sour chicken & veg

Ingredients:

2 skinless chicken breast,thinly sliced
425g can pineapple sliced(cut into chunks),drained and juice reserved
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp vinegar
around 100ml or 150 ml chicken stock
1 onion chopped
2 tomatoes quartered
125g pack baby corn, sliced lengthways
1 red chilli,deseeded and sliced
1 red and green capsicum,chopped
2 carrots,sliced diagonally
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic grated
1' inch ginger grated
salt to taste
sprinkle of crushed black pepper,red chilli powder(optional)
spring onions chopped,to garnish

Method

Make the sweet and sour sauce by whisking together the pineapple juice,tomato ketchup,vinegar and cornflour.Make the liquid quantity for about 500 ml adding the chicken stock.You can adjust the amount of stock depending how thick or thin you want the sauce to be.
Heat the oil in a pan or wok,on high heat.Add the onion,ginger garlic,saute them for a while.
Add the chilli,capsicum,carrots and chicken and stir-fry for 3-5 mins until the veggies are starting to soften and the chicken is almost cooked.Add salt.Sprinkle pepper and chilli powder if you are using.
Add the baby corn and sauce.Bubble for 2 mins,add tomatoes,pineapple chunks and cook for 2 mins until the sauce thickens,the chicken is cooked and the veggies are tender.Adjust seaoning.
Serve with rice,if you like.Garnish with spring onions.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Chicken looks superb and tempting...

anthony stemke said...

This dish looks very tasty indeed. Thank You.

Aarthi said...

this looks so awesome..will try soon

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely post dish looks wonderful

Ansh said...

Yummylicious!!

Shella said...

It looks soooo tempting n I love d sweet n sour combo always. Great blog - Shella www.kitchensecrets.blogspot.com

Post a Comment