Friday, November 11, 2011

BONJOUR SERIES # 9 - SHALLOW FRIED PRAWNS

Hope you all are busy planning and preparing for holidays.. and shopping.. only two more weeks to go.. :) At least with me.. I go crazy when I see this "SALE" or "OFF" sign in the shops.. I will not know what to buy or what not to buy.. I keep walking aisle by aisle for no good reason.. and I might also end up not buying anything after hours of shopping.. Mr. A drops me to the mall in the morning and picks me when he returns from work.. You could imagine.. How I spent my day.. :) Ohh .. I love that.. Ah.. Who doesn't love window shopping..  :) Good Luck with shopping this year everyone.. :)

For this weeks hop, We have Divya Mubarak from.. I knew her through face book.. turns out she was my senior in college.. small world :) then we started talking.. chatting.. occasionally.. She is a very sweet person.. and when I invited her for this event.. She immediately agreed.. :) She has an adorable little girl.. and She is an busy mom..and a very sweet friend..

I present you all Divya - in her own words..

            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divya's Guest Post

About me,
Basically im from chennai, tamil nadu.  Im not a big foodie, im 100 % pure vegetarian and  i cook non vegetarian dish for my hubby ......I started cooking non veg after marriage only.....my cooking passion started when i was in my school itself.. im a home science graduate.....i started blogging in the year 2008 then slowly build it up till here.. i have 6years old kid and she loves what ever i cook.  i love to cook traditional recipes with proper traditional way..both vegetarian and non vegetarian.


 I met jabeen in blogger marathon and came to know that she is also from chennai and she is my junior in college. that was really nice. I now planned to post my Shallow fried prawns recipe here,. now on to the recipe.,
my hubby is a fan of shrimps and my daughter also like it very much. i used to make the gendral gravy everytime. last week when we bought prawns my hubby told me prepare this. i tried it and it turned out to be a hit. hope all will like this recipe. i can say it is a treat for all prawn lovers... here we go. 



Ingredients
300gms    Shrimp(small/medium )
1tsp     ginger garlic paste
1 tsp     Jeera powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp     Aniseed powder
1 tsp     Pepper powder
1½ tsp     Red chilli powder
    Salt to taste
    Gingerlly oil for shallow fry


Method





Clean the prawns thouroughly and Add the pepper, jeera and aniseed powder, red chilli powder,ginger garlic paste  and salt to taste. mix well with very little water and Marinade for 15 to 20 min





Heat oil in a tawa and  shallow Fry till golden brown.
serve hot with steamed rice.

14 comments:

divya said...

Very delicious and tempting recipe.. looks awesome :)

Suja Manoj said...

Yummy and drool worthy prawns..

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking shrimp looks wonderful

Faseela said...

Happily following you......
An inviting n yummy preparation

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Wow...Thats a delicious recipe...

Divya said...

thanks all hope u all liked the recipe,

Hamsi said...

Love prawns a lot. Love your version of shallow fry. Yum!

Jaleelakamal said...

wow delicious & yummy

Unknown said...

wow am drooling over the prawns..yum yum....


Herbs and Flowers - "Parsley" - Till Nov 15th
LGSS -"Tomato" - Nov 5th to Dec 5th
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY

cookingvarieties said...

hi jabeen, the prawns sure looks very appetizing and a great recipe to try out..i love spicy flavor

Diane said...

WOW one of my favourite dishes. Diane

Irene said...

Awesome recipe :)

Alpana said...

DElicious recipe with nice clicks.

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, seriously am drooling over that irresistible shallow fried prawns,Divya rocks.

Post a Comment